✨ 12 Tips For A Happy New Year ✨
This year, the New York Times asked behavioural scientists how we can all lead happier lives. It was quite long, so we thought we'd break it down for you, but you can read the full article here.
- When you are feeling negative about yourself, ask yourself what advice would you give a friend who was down on themself. 😊
2. Try controlled breathing. Buddha advocated breath-meditation as a way to reach enlightenment.
3. Try starting a diary/journal. Some research suggests that writing in a personal journal for 15 minutes a day can lead to a boost in overall happiness and well-being. 🙃
4. Do more exercise. Sitting around all day makes you unhealthy and unhappy.
5. Challenge your negative thoughts and challenge yourself to be more optimistic.
6. Spend more time around optimistic people. 😊
7. Spend more time in nature. Some research shows that even just looking at pictures of nature can improve your mood. 🌱
8. Declutter and organise. "Tidy home, tidy mind" - it's true.
9. Make your bedroom extra nice. Sleep and sex are two of the most important things in life. 😳
10. Get a pet. Numerous experiments have shown pet owners to be happier and healthier than non-owners. 🐹🐰🐱🐶
11. Accept that being rich will not make you happy. Studies show that even lottery winners are not any happier than those of us who never win anything. 🙂
12. Be more generous. Several studies have found that people who behaved generously were happier compared to people who made selfish decisions. 😊
Leave A Comment
Connect With Us
We'll Keep you updated with alerts, news and help where you need it